[New Product] Introduction of "Wavy Nozzle" a programmable coolant system
Are you having trouble with the adhesion of machining chips?
Attaching the Wavy Nozzle,
Improves machining dust and chip removal efficiency and resolves all kinds of problems!
The Wavy Nozzle is a device capable of spraying water and oil-based cutting fluids at an arbitrary fixed angle or by a reciprocating motion of the spray nozzle. (JIS N1- to N3-type oil-based and A1, A2 water-based cutting fluids are recommended.)
The unit efficiently removes machining dust and chips, resulting in the reduction of machining precision errors and damage to blades and tools as well as to the work piece caused by the adhesion of cutting chips.
- 3 operation patterns optimized for removing machining dust and chips are available
- (1) FIX mode (operated at an arbitrary fixed angle)
- (2) SWEEP mode (operated by a reciprocating motion of the nozzle with constant speed)
- (3) KICK mode (operated by a reciprocating motion of the nozzle with variable speed)
- Storing and calling up 99 motion pattern settings
* Up to 31 pattern settings can be called up with the M-code.
- Linked with the processing machine
- Error detection function
Benefits of Wavy Nozzle
- Reduction of the machine stop frequency for removing chips.
- Yield improvement in the visual inspection since the scratch of the product is reduced.
- Elimination of damage to the rear machining chuck by jamming chips.
- Reduction of work to remove the chips by hand after the processing.
- Improvement of tool life.
Easy operation with a controller. just necessary to use it when you set up operation patterns, positioning angle and speed.
Once the installation is completed, the Wavy Nozzle will operate by itself without a controller.
|Dimensions||Spray unit dimensions (mm)||168.5 (D) x 103 (W) x 59.3 (H) Cable length: 3000|
|Control board dimensions (mm)||99.8 (D) x 142.8 (W) x 18.6 (H)|
|Junction cable (between spray unit and control board) (mm)||3000|
|Junction cable (between controller and control board) (mm)||3000|
|Controller (mm)||178 (D) x 84 (W) x 36 (H) Cable length: 3000|
|Power supply||Rated voltage||+24V DC ±10%|
|Minimum starting current consumption||0.8A|
|Rated current consumption||0.45A|
|Input protection fuse||T 1.5 A / 125 V (SkyGate 25T1500)|
|Operation||Operating temperature range||0 deg.C - +50 deg.C|
|Operating humidity range||85%RH or below (Non-Condensing)|
|Operating mode||3 modes (FIX, SWEEP, KICK)|
|Nozzle movement range||75 counts (1 count = about 1.8 deg.)|
|Maximum nozzle movement speed||100 counts (=270 deg/sec: SWEEP mode)|
|Maximum operation memories||99|
|Operation calls||M-code control
|I/O signals||Error signal input||1 line|
|M-code operation command signal||5 line|
|Discharge valve control signal input||1 line|
|Discharge valve control signal output||1 line|
|Serial control input||1 line|
|Alarm signal output||1 line|
|Others||Specification of the pump can be connected to this unit||Theoretical discharge amount||12.0 L/min|
|Maximum discharge pressure||2.0 MPa|
|Usable cutting oil||Oil-based coolants of Type N1 to Type N3 and Water-based coolants of Type A1, A2 specified in JIS K2241:2000|
- Ejection unit
- Controller (*Option)
Note 1: "Wavy Nozzle" is registered trademark of Minebea Co., Ltd
Japanese Registered Trademark No.: 5645210
Note 2: Patent pending.
* Refer to the press release on Wavy Nozzle